Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Astin Crush

I love my husband and he fulfills me in every capacity. That being said, I think every woman still has a 14 year old girl inside of them who’s clipping out pictures of hunky guys from Teen Beat and taping them to her bedroom wall.

I have my share of celebrity crushes – Ewan McGregor being at the very pinnacle of that list. However, coming in at a close second is someone slightly unpredictable. It’s Sean Astin. And no, Goonies is not my favorite movie of all time, though it is a fine piece of cinematic art.

I never really thought much of him when I was younger but he really caught my eye when he played Samwise Gamgee in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Yeah, I’m a little bit of a sci-fi babe but only in the sense that I enjoy some Sci Fi/Fantays books and movies. Nothing major though. I don’t speak Klkingon and I’ve never dressed as Leia in the Jabba the Hut slave scene or anything like that – though that might just be because I can’t find that metal bra in a size 38 DDD.

But anyway . . . Sam is my favorite character from the LOR books and I thought Sean did a wonderful job of portraying him so I’ve had a soft spot for him ever since.

Then there was a particularly juicy 3rd trimester dream (you moms know what I mean) starring him and I found it interesting when I awoke that I was actually disappointed that halfway through he switched into Brad Pitt.

I’m not sure what it is about him. Maybe because he looks so sweet and cuddly. Maybe because he just strikes me as an all around nice guy, but whatever it is, it’s enough to move him into 2nd position behind Ewan on my celebrity lust list and just to show you how much my hubbie loves me and accepts me for who I am I offer this piece of evidence that he got specifically for me while shopping for his sportscard hobby:



Yep, a genuine signed Sean Astin collectable card. Isn’t that fab? I don’t know what I like more – the card or the fact that my hubby got it for me.

1 comment:

Aunt Becky said...

I had a dream last night that I was having *ahem* relations with...Randy Jackson. From American Idol. And...ew!