Monday, August 6, 2007

It’s like 8th grade all over again, except for the acne and bad 80’s fashion – my low social status is sadly still the same.


I got some new fabulous pencils at the dollar spot in Target a couple weeks ago and I love them. They’re like a marriage of the past and the present. They’re those plastic pencils with the little separate lead pieces in them – you know when you wear one down you take it out of the front and stick it in the end to push the new one forward.

They were all the rage when I was in middle school. Yes a pencil was “fashionable” and really the only fashionable thing I had since I was pretty pudgy back then too and the whole baggy t-shirt with leggings and a belt look was not working for me - but then did it really look good on anyone? I could do a mean tight roll at the bottom of my acid washed jeans though.

These pencils have Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow on them, so there’s the nostalgia of the pencil style and the newness of the very hot pirate. I’ve been using them at work and they make me smile. It’s the little things in life!

No comments: