Friday, November 30, 2007

Being Supportive

See below. If you think I'm being supportive now, just wait until she goes into labor! (last names and email addresses have been removed to protect the innocent - I've kept her spelling intact for the sake of authenticity.)

From: Shawna
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2007 2:56 PM
To: Amy
Subject: Gasp!!


I JUST LIFTED UP MY SHIRT LIKE I DO A THOUSAND TIMES A DAY TO ITCH MY TUMMY AND THERE ARE SMALL RED LINES ALL OVER IT

I ran to Erins cube in emergency situation to have her serve the lines and she thinks they coud be streatch marks. She had lotion I have used the entire tube and they are stil there. My hate for lotion is gone. I hope it is a rash

From: Amy
To: Shawna
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2007 3:01:20 PM
Subject: Gasp!!

Ooooh! Can I come over tonight and look at them? I bet they are stretch marks! I love it.

That’s what mine looked like – I never got the huge stretch marks just tons and tons of little red lines, and then after you have the kid the redness goes away but the lines don’t and your stomach resembles the texture of cottage cheese wrapped in a fabric bag.

How exciting!
Amy

From: Shawna
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2007 3:12 PM
To: Amy
Subject: Gasp!!

Just so you know your not helping.

From: Amy
Sent: Thursday, November 29, 2007 3:18 PM
To: Shawna
Subject: Gasp!!

Hey, I’m just soaking in all the exciting aspects of your pregnancy.

Just wait until you’re walking around and you keep feeling like something is on top of your butt- Like a backpack that’s riding too low and smacks on your butt every time you take a step – and then you look back there and realize that there is no backpack – it’s just that your ass is so big that you can actually feel it moving when you walk.

Amy

Turns out it was just a rash that she got from the lube they put on her belly earlier that day to check the heartbeat. How disappointing really.

No comments: