Friday, November 2, 2007

Anticipation

My best friend is pregnant with her first child, and I’ve been fairly low key about it, except for the actual moment I found out and almost inadvertently threw her 10 feet into the air in my excitement.

Since then I’ve managed to keep my excitement fairly contained simply because I know that 9 months can be a heck of a long time, especially when you’re anticipating something this much and I don’t want to get myself or her overly excited this early. However, she’s starting to show a little bit now and every time I see her and that blossoming belly, somewhere deep in my psyche, right next to my repressed sense of self worth, is a tiny little version of me jumping for joy and anticipating the arrival of a little soul that I will love just as much as I love her – and that’s quite a bit.

No comments: